Over the course of the last 6 months, WAX has had the pleasure of working alongside several big brands and has seen a surplus of incredible NFT collections being released. It has been a hot minute since we’ve gotten to release our quarterly roundups due to the whirlwind of projects on the platform, so let’s catch you up on everything that’s been happening on WAX.
These awesome releases further solidify WAX as the King of NFTs on the Blockchain. Here’s a recap of everything that has happened since September 2020:
Quarter 4 of 2020: October — December
Topps GPK Series 2 Collection (September 30, 2020)
- 3 pack sizes: Standard (8), Mega (25), Ultimate (55)
- Sold out!
Learn more about the GPK Series 2 collection here.
Atari (November 4, 2020)
- 3 pack sizes: 10, 30 and 50
- Pictured retro video game designs
- 159,920 total cards sold
Learn more about the Atari collection here.
deadmau5 series 1 (December 16, 2020)
- A total of 100,000 cards
- 6,000 packs sold out immediately!
- A value of $96,940
Learn more about the deadmau5 collection here.
Bratz Series 1 (December 22, 2020)
- Animoca partnered with WAX to bring the Bratz Series to the blockchain Owners of each Bratz® collectible card will also receive a code to redeem 200 Bratz® Coins, an in-game, non-crypto currency for the upcoming official Bratz® blockchain game — Bratz Lookz™
- 3 pack sizes: Mini (1), Standard (3), Mega (9)
- 5 fabulous rarities
Learn more about the Bratz collection here.
Quarter 1 of 2021: January — March
Topps GPK Bernventures (January 29, 2021)
- 8,876 packs of 2 cards sold
- Introduced a new burning system that awarded points for each card burned — points varied based on rarity of the burned card. Every 5 points, users were rewarded with a Mitten Pack with the possibility of receiving the rare “Golden Mittens” card.
Learn more about the Bernventures collection here.
Blockchain Heroes Stonk Wars (February 15, 2021)
- A total of 22,500 cards
- 7,500 packs sold out in only 35 seconds!
- A value of $37,500
Learn more about the Stonk Wars collection here.
Capcom’s Street Fighter Series 1 (February 18, 2021)
- First unlimited, timed pack sale (24 hours) where buyers could open their packs the following day
- Packs filled with “build cards” and introduced the new crafting system
- Capcom continued to release new crafting options, including the Gold cards (as seen on the left)
Read more about the Street Fighter collection here.
Topps GPK Food Fight Collection (February 24, 2021)
- Brought physical packs to Target and Walmart that had a chance of containing a special code to redeem an NFT
- 10,000 packs (30,000 cards) were released online over the course of 4 days
- Packs sold out instantly every day!
Read more about the Topps GPK Food Fight collection here.
Leonard Nimoy Collection (March 25, 2021)
- Cards displayed photos from the actor’s personal and professional life
- 6,000 packs (120,000 shards) for crafting full NFTs
- This Legendary Star Trek™ actor Leonard Nimoy’s Collectibles sold out in 5 minutes
Read more about the Leonard Nimoy collection here.
Topps Godzilla Collection (March 31, 2021)
- Cards displayed stunning visuals and original art of the nostalgic Godzilla characters
- 10 card packs unlimited during 72-hour sale and 30 card packs limited at 5,000 (sold out)
- New “Burn to Earn” system to trade 5 in cards for an original, graphic mural
Read more about the Topps Godzilla collection here.
This is only the beginning and WAX is excited to announce new partnerships, mechanisms, and NFTs on the blockchain for fans all over the world. Stay tuned and sign up for our newsletter on www.wax.io
Sales of NFTs on secondary markets continue to climb
Following extraordinary success with a host of primary releases done on the WAX Blockchain, let’s see how well the secondary marketplaces are thriving. One of the wonderful things about NFTs — they will forever be able to trade on WAX, which in turn, rewards the creators with a never-ending flow of revenue.
Total sales volume on the top marketplaces have skyrocketed:
Source: dapp.com, 03/30/2021
Want to learn more? You should. Here’s how:
The Beginner’s Guide to NFTs (and how to get them on WAX): NFTs are highly anticipated and becoming more widely talked about in 2021. So, what exactly are NFTs, why do they matter and how do you get them? Read “The Beginner’s Guide to NFTs (and how to get them on WAX)” to get caught up.
Want to create your own NFTs on WAX? Check this out:
Join the wildly successful community on WAX and begin producing your very own NFT collections. This guide, The Ultimate Guide: How To Create NFTs on WAX, will equip you with the tools you need to get started. What are you waiting for?
Join the community
Join some of the most active NFT trading communities around: