Learn the art of purchasing uniquely designed digital collectibles
on the world’s most used blockchain
There it is — the NFT collection you’ve been waiting for, in all its digital glory.
The announcement comes, excitement builds and you can’t wait to rip open those packs to find your favorite collectible.
Alas, you’ve never done this before, and you don’t know where to start.
The following beginner’s guide is all you need to dive into collecting on WAX.
What is an NFT?
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are fully tradable, unique digital collectibles available on a decentralized network. They can take the shape of music, art, memorabilia from your favorite TV show and so much more.
So, how do I buy them?
It’s easy! Here’s what to do:
- Visit https://wallet.wax.io/ and set up a new wallet. If this is your first time, you can use any of your social media accounts to make logging in a breeze.
- Visit the live sales page for an ongoing collection. Packs tend to go fast, so it’s important to get ready ahead of time.
- Click “Buy Now” and follow the prompts to enter your credit card information. Don’t refresh the page if you don’t get in immediately, there is often a wait due to high demand!
- Return to your WAX Cloud Wallet to see the pack(s) you purchased and view your inventory. You’ll be given a designated pack-open time for each collection on the sales page, so make sure you revisit your wallet when openings begin.
The rest is up to you — trade your packs or cards, open them up or show them off to all of your friends!
The Fun Doesn’t Stop There
You may notice that you need some WAXP to make transactions — it’s the official currency of the WAX Blockchain. If you don’t have any, here’s how you can get some:
- Visit wallet.wax.io and log in with your preferred method
- On the right side of the screen, select “Buy WAXP”
- Pick the option most suitable for your needs
Where Else Can I Buy WAXP to Get NFTs?
The world of NFTs is ever-expanding and so are the sites WAX is listed on. Your options include Binance, Bittrex, KuCoin, Upbit, Huobi Global, Bithumb, ChangeNOW, Simplex, MoonPay and more.
We don’t play favorites, as they all have their distinct values. However, just in case you need a bit of guidance, the following may help:
If you’re new to NFTs and want an easy way to purchase WAXP:
You can buy directly from Simplex and MoonPay with a credit card or valid bank account. However, this avenue does cost more in the long run because they do all the heavy lifting for you.
If you’d like to save a little cash and have a few extra moments:
Visit Binance*, Bittrex or KuCoin. All three sites allow you to purchase WAXP using BTC, ETH or USDT. (Bittrex allows you to buy with USD, which is a nice perk). Once you buy WAXP, you can transfer it over to your WAX Cloud Wallet.
*Binance is not supported in the US.
If you’re an NFT pro and already hold BTC or ETH:
ChangeNOW makes for an easy experience. All you have to do is trade for WAXP, and you’re golden.
The world of NFTs is vast and ever-expanding — things are getting more exciting by the day, as your favorite brands jump into the fray.
Stay tuned for updates on upcoming NFT collections, tips and more. And of course, if you have any questions on the above, please reach out to our team.
*Please note, some of the above options may be unavailable due to your location.*